Monday, January 14, 2008

You just don't get that in Big Church

Yesterday we had an "All Worship" service for our students during the normal Sunday morning meeting time. We try to do these every 5-7 weeks. This past week I talked to the student worship leader and we talked about adding different elements of worship into this one besides singing with an opening and closing prayer.

One student shared a passage that meant a lot to him and it was received well. Later a female student stood up and started with:

I was called and asked to say something today and my first thought was "OH CRAP!"

I and another adult said, "You just don't get that in Big Church".

She then went on and shared her struggles with staying close to God during good times and how it shouldn't be that way. She did wonderful and her honesty went a long way with why everyone seemed to identify with what she was saying.

1 comment:

tonymyles said...

Depends on the church... come visit the one I serve sometime. :)