Thursday, January 3, 2008

Daniel & the Lions Den



I was given that picture once when I left a church. It was a farewell gift. It's nice. On the day it was given to me people asked me if the leadership got the irony and if I had named the lions.

I truly hadn't considered the irony until it was mentioned to me and it was mentioned by 4-5 different people.

I had considered different endings for the picture. Throw it away, give it away, give it to a church and let them hang it in the men's bathroom. In the end, I decided to keep it.

I just found it and will put it up in my office once everything else is in order. Now though, I don't look at the lions but rather I look at Daniel and how he seems to be looking to God for deliverance and company.

During my "lion's den" or dark night of the soul, God was the one I was able to look to for deliverance and company and that picture gives me comfort. And for what it's worth, I've yet and refuse to name the lions.

1 comment:

BrotherPhil said...

I'm with you, dude. Yet, the most tempting thing for me was to "name the lions." God just kept reminding me that He will take care of me, I just had to have faith and patience and love (the greatest of these is love!).

You're a great example to me and others on how to handle troubling times. (No offense, but Daniel is a better one! LOL) Thanks for the reminder.

BTW... that Bible story always reminds me (and believe me, I need HUGE reminders of this) to do like Daniel... take the punishment, keep your mouth shut, praise God, and let Him figure out how you're gonna get out of the situation.